from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to protectionism, or an advocate thereof.
- n. Someone who believes in protecting domestic producers by impeding or limiting the importation of foreign goods and services via actions taken by government.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who favors protection. See protection, 4.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who favors the protection of some branch of industry, or of native industries generally, from foreign competition, by imposing duties on imports and by other means.
- Favoring or supporting the economic doctrine of protection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advocate of protectionism
protection + -ist (Wiktionary)