from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, given to, characterized by, or having the nature of digression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to digress.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Prone to make excursions; wandering; roving; exploring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to making excursions; rambling; wandering. Johnson.
- Veering from point to point; wandering off from a subject; deviating; desultory; erratic: as, an excursive fancy or imagination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of e.g. speech and writing) tending to depart from the main point or cover a wide range of subjects
Sorry, no etymologies found.