from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Excessively or affectedly prim and proper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. excessively prim, proper, particular or fussy
- adj. well-mannered, well-behaved
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exaggeratedly proper
- adj. excessively fastidious and easily disgusted
Perhaps blend of pri(m)1 and (si)ssy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
1895, either an alteration of precise, or blend of prim and sissy; first attested in American writer Joel Chandler Harris. (Wiktionary)