from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or exhibiting the characteristics of a prude; priggish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of excessive propriety; easily offended or shocked, especially by sexual matters
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a prude; very formal, precise, or reserved; affectedly severe in virtue
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character or manner of a prude; affecting extreme propriety of behavior; also, characteristic of a prude; prim.
- Excessively formal or precise; rigid; stiff; severe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exaggeratedly proper
Sorry, no etymologies found.