from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being prudish.
- n. An instance of prudish behavior or talk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being prudish; prudishness
- n. Prudish behaviour
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being prudish; excessive or affected scrupulousness in speech or conduct; stiffness; coyness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or character of being prudish; extreme propriety in behavior; affected coyness or modesty; primness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excessive or affected modesty
French pruderie, from prude, prude; see prude.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
prude + -ery, 1709. (Wiktionary)