from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of concealing the truth; hypocrisy or deception.
- n. Hiding one's feelings or purposes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of dissembling; a hiding under a false appearance; concealment by feigning; false pretension; hypocrisy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of dissimulating; concealment of reality under a diverse or contrary appearance; feigning; hypocrisy; deceit.
- n. Synonyms Simulation (see dissemble and dissembler), duplicity, deceit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of deceiving
From Latin dissimulātiō. (Wiktionary)