from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being vulgar.
- n. Something, such as an act or expression, that offends good taste or propriety.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being vulgar.
- n. An offensive or obscene act or expression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being vulgar; mean condition of life; the state of the lower classes of society.
- n. Grossness or clownishness of manners of language; absence of refinement; coarseness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being vulgar; mean condition in life; meanness; commonness.
- n. Coarseness, grossness, or clownishness of manners or language; absence of refinement; also, that which is vulgar; a vulgar act or expression: as, vulgarity of behavior; vulgarity of expression or language.
- n. 3. The commonalty; the mob; the vulgar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of lacking taste and refinement
Sorry, no etymologies found.