from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Able to provide for oneself without the help of others; independent.
- adj. Having undue confidence; smug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to provide for oneself independently of others.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sufficient for one's self without external aid or coöperation.
- adj. Having an overweening confidence in one's own abilities or worth; hence, haughty; overbearing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of effecting all one's own ends or fulfilling all one's own desires without the aid of others.
- Having undue confidence in one's own strength, ability, or endowments; haughty; overbearing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. able to provide for your own needs without help from others
self- + sufficient (Wiktionary)