from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or exhibiting excessive vanity; boastful.
- adj. Proceeding from vainglory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. With excessive vanity or unwarranted pride.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Feeling or indicating vainglory; elated by vanity; boastful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Filled with vainglory; glorying in excess of one's own achievements; extravagantly elated; boastful; vaunting.
- Indicating or proceeding from vainglory; founded on excessive vanity; boastful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeling self-importance
Sorry, no etymologies found.