from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made or worn loose or draped, as to allow or suggest fluttering in the wind: a flyaway coat; long, flyaway hair.
- adj. Prepared for immediate flight: a plane in flyaway condition.
- adj. Designed for air travel: flyaway bags.
- adj. Given to frivolity; flighty.
- n. Sports An aerial gymnastic move performed on the parallel bars, rings, or other apparatus, especially a flying dismount with a somersault.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Soft, light, unruly, and difficult to set into a style.
- n. A stray hair of this kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disposed to fly away; flighty; unrestrained; light and free; -- used of both persons and things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Flighty; restless; fluttering: as, a flyaway young woman; a flyaway costume.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. guided by whim and fancy
- adj. (of hair or clothing) worn loose
Sorry, no etymologies found.