from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not disposed to friendship.
- adj. Indicating a bad prospect; unfavorable: unfriendly clouds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not friendly; hostile; mean
- adj. unfavourable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not friendly; not kind or benevolent; hostile.
- adj. Not favorable; not adapted to promote or support any object.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not friendly; not kind or benevolent; inimical: as, an unfriendly neighbor.
- Not favorable; not adapted to promote or support any object.
- Synonyms Hostile, inimical, antagonistic. See amicable.
- In an unkind manner; not as a friend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not friendly
- adj. very unfavorable to life or growth
- adj. not easy to understand or use
- adj. not disposed to friendship or friendliness
Sorry, no etymologies found.