from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Eager or disposed to fight; belligerent. See Synonyms at argumentative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Given to fighting; disposed to engage in combat; pugnacious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disposed to engage in combat; pugnacious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disposed to combat; pugnacious; showing a disposition to fight, contend, or oppose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or showing a ready disposition to fight
- adj. striving to overcome in argument
- adj. inclined or showing an inclination to dispute or disagree, even to engage in law suits
Sorry, no etymologies found.