from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ill-tempered; nagging.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a shrew, a nagging, ill-tempered woman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having the qualities of a shrew; having a scolding disposition; froward; peevish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the qualities of a shrew; given to exhibitions of ill temper; vixenish: applied to women.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. continually complaining or faultfinding
shrew + -ish (Wiktionary)