from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or suggestive of a wasp.
- adj. Easily irritated or annoyed; irascible.
- adj. Indicative of irritation, annoyance, or spite: a waspish remark.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Suggestive of the behaviour of a wasp.
- adj. Spiteful or irascible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling a wasp in form; having a slender waist, like a wasp.
- adj. Quick to resent a trifling affront; characterized by snappishness; irritable; irascible; petulant; snappish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a wasp in any way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very irritable
From wasp + -ish. (Wiktionary)