American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Lacking social grace or graciousness; rude.
- adj. Not welcome or acceptable; unattractive.
- adj. Archaic Evil; wicked.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rude; unmannerly; odious; hateful; brutal.
- Offensive; disagreeable; unpleasing; unacceptable.
- Showing no grace; impious; wicked.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not gracious; showing no grace or kindness; being without good will; unfeeling.
- adj. obsolete Having no grace; graceless; wicked.
- adj. Not well received; offensive; unpleasing; unacceptable; not favored.
- adj. lacking social graces
- adj. lacking charm and good taste
“He was to the last plain and blunt; at this time I can easily believe him to have been so to a degree which Scott might look upon as "ungracious" -- I take the epithet from one of his letters to James Ballantyne.”
“He rode out the Quemado Road one matchless December day when the very air would have seemed sufficient to produce flowers without calling the ungracious desert into service.”
“And believe me, Madam (though I do not presume to add those expressions which might rather heighten the offence I fear this letter will give you), that the assurance of your happiness in the choice you have made, and which now no obstacle can oppose, will considerably -- lighten the pain with which I shall long recall my ungracious reply to your communication.”
“Tim "Eyes Coming Outta My Skull" Russert is reporting that the Obama camp views Sen Clinton offering herself up as VEEP as "ungracious" and "not happy campers.”
“Kathleen Dunbar showed up after all, but her behavior was reported as "ungracious" by those that were there.”
“Mr Powell was described by Lord Wilson as "ungracious" for writing about him.”
“Gardiner later responded by branding Pallett "ungracious" and a "really silly little girl".”
“Hughes labelled Wenger "ungracious" and other Premier League managers weighed in with criticism, but a similar scenario seems unlikely today.”
“Arsene Wenger's miserable week continued as he found himself branded as "ungracious" by Mark Hughes after Manchester City's comfortable 3-0 home victory over Arsenal.”
“I should feel it kind of ungracious to have him around at a time like this.””
Looking for tweets for ungracious.