from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Badly brought up; impolite and crude.
- adj. Not thoroughbred; underbred. Used of animals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. ill-mannered and unrefined because of a bad upbringing or education
- adj. of bad breed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Badly educated or brought up; impolite; incivil; rude. See Note under ill, adv.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Badly brought up; impolite; rude.
- Badly bred, as a mongrel dog.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of persons) lacking in refinement or grace
Sorry, no etymologies found.