from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not adept at reading and writing; deficient in the knowledge that can be acquired from books.
- adj. Illiterate.
- adj. Having no lettering: a plain, unlettered T-shirt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not instructed in letters; not well educated; unable to read
- adj. not expressed in or marked with letters
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unlearned; untaught; ignorant; illiterate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. uneducated in general; lacking knowledge or sophistication
- adj. having little acquaintance with writing
un- + lettered (Wiktionary)