American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Lacking in subtlety or sophistication; artless or naive: a simple-minded horror movie; simple-minded generalizations.
- adj. Stupid or silly; foolish.
- adj. Mentally impaired.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lacking intelligence or penetration; unsophisticated; artless.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Artless; guileless; simple-hearted; undesigning; unsuspecting; devoid of duplicity.
- adj. lacking subtlety and insight
- adj. lacking mental capacity and subtlety
“Newsweek described him as “fighting mad,” tired of “being characterized as a simple-minded has-been.””
“That raising children is old-fashioned and simple-minded.”
“A simple-minded target, easily over-taken and dominated.”
“More Giants Packing Confidence It would be simple-minded to argue that anyone could lead Green Bay's offense as well.”
“The Fear Monster continues to disseminate hateful and simple-minded imagery on it's Facebook page but the Empathy Monster is no slouch.”
“Texas is the land of the vulnerable, simple-minded tart heads but also a land of some of my closest and most admired friends.”
“No, we who know better mustn't reduce ourselves to the simple-minded racism, hatred, and buffoonery of The Tea Party.”
“The technology is there but, unfortunately, greed reigns in the hearts of the clever, yet one-dimensional and simple-minded entertainment industry exec. s.”
“My guess is that the "good without God" chant is principally designed to provoke simple-minded religious folks into a shouting match about God and morality.”
“Apparently, even the most simple-minded immortals can figure out ways to make fortunes without trying.”
Looking for tweets for simple-minded.