from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Acting in opposition; opposing.
- adj. Being, of having an opponent; not unopposed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of oppose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. characterized by active opposition.
- adj. acting in opposition to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Placed in or occupying a position directly opposite or over against; opposite.
- Of an opposite or contrary nature, tendency, or action: as, white is opposed to black.
- Antagonistic; hostile; adverse: as, I am more opposed than ever to the proposal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being in opposition or having an opponent
Sorry, no etymologies found.