from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or filled with indignation. See Synonyms at angry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing anger or indignation, especially at something unjust or wrong.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affected with indignation; wrathful; passionate; irate; feeling wrath, as when a person is exasperated by unworthy or unjust treatment, by a mean action, or by a degrading accusation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affected with indignation; moved by mixed emotions of anger and scorn; provoked by something regarded as unjust, ungrateful, or unworthy.
- Synonyms Incensed, provoked, exasperated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. angered at something unjust or wrong
We have every reason to remain indignant, disgusted, embarrassed and angry about this fact, but no room anymore whatsoever to feign surprise.
I recall one of them in indignant tears on the street corner, weeping as he pointed out my sober condition.
Don't get so friggin 'indignant about your own hallucinations, m'kay?
Memba Sasa, very erect, very rigid, moving in short indignant jerks, his eye flashing fire.
The world saw Israel's despicable violence thanks to al-Jazeera Arabic and Press TV that broadcast in English ... indignant:
$1.00 back to the fifty cent mark and coolly pocketed the coin the indignant Ben handed.
DAZZLING DISPLAY Mr. Donoghue finds eloquence where others might never think to look: in a sudden switch by Dante into Provençal; in the knocking at the gate in "Macbeth"; in the ambiguities of Donne's poem "The Extasie"; in a single word -- "indignant" -- of a line in "The Second Coming" by Yeats.
"You, you!" called the indignant Zoie to the departing mother.
He recalled the indignant-looking old gentleman who was so excessively well dressed.
Here's Mr Edwards 'offering: "Does The Adjudicator recall my indignant correspondence before round three when he suggested the Tigers may be tanking already?"
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.