from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not sufficient; inadequate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not sufficient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not sufficient; not enough; inadequate to any need, use, or purpose.
- adj. Wanting in strength, power, ability, capacity, or skill; incompetent; incapable; unfit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not sufficient; lacking in what is necessary or required; deficient in amount, force, or fitness; inadequate; incompetent: as, insufficient provision or protection; insufficient motives.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a quantity not able to fulfill a need or requirement
in- + sufficient (Wiktionary)