from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the works or thought of the philosopher Francis Bacon.
- n. A follower of the doctrines of Francis Bacon.
- n. One who believes in the Baconian theory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Francis Bacon (1561-1626), English statesman and polymath, or his writings.
- n. One who believes that Francis Bacon wrote the plays attributed to Shakespeare.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Lord Francis Bacon, or to his system of philosophy.
- n. One who adheres to the philosophy of Lord Bacon.
- n. One who maintains that Lord Bacon is the author of the works commonly attributed to Shakespeare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Francis Bacon, Baron Verulam, commonly called Lord Bacon: as, the Baconian philosophy.
- n. An adherent of the Baconian philosophy.
- n. One who holds the theory that Bacon wrote the plays usually attributed to Shakspere.
Bacon + -ian (Wiktionary)