from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the shape of a rectangle.
- adj. Having one or more right angles.
- adj. Designating a geometric coordinate system with mutually perpendicular axes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a shape like a rectangle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Right-angled; having one or more angles of ninety degrees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Right-angled; having an angle or angles of ninety degrees.
- Shaped like a rectangle; that is, having four sides and four right angles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having four right angles
- adj. having a set of mutually perpendicular axes; meeting at right angles
Sorry, no etymologies found.