from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or shaped like a triangle.
- adj. Having a triangle for a base: a triangular pyramid.
- adj. Relating to or involving three entities, such as three people, objects, or ideas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like a triangle.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, triangles.
- adj. Having a triangle as a base; as, a triangular prism, a triangular pyramid.
- adj. Having three elements or parties; trilateral, tripartite.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having three angles; having the form of a triangle.
- adj. Oblong or elongated, and having three lateral angles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a triangle; consisting of a triangle.
- Three-cornered and three-sided; included within three sides and angles: as, a triangular plot of ground; a triangular building.
- Hence, of or pertaining to three independent things; three-sided as regards elements, interests, or parties: as, a triangular treaty.
- In heraldry, represented as solid and three-sided: thus, a triangular pyramid or a triangular pyramid reversed is a point or a pile which is divided by a line indicating a projecting edge, and is treated as if a solid seen in perspective.
- A dense fibrous membrane stretched across the subpubic arch on the deep surface of the crura of the penis and the bulb of the urethra. Also called deep perineal or subpubic fascia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having three angles; forming or shaped like a triangle
- adj. having three sides
Sorry, no etymologies found.