from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Divided or cleft into three narrow parts or lobes: a trifid tail; a trifid organ.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Divided into three lobes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cleft to the middle, or slightly beyond the middle, into three parts; three-cleft.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Divided into three parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. divided into three lobes
Latin trifidus : tri-, tri- + findere, fid-, to split.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)