from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Wedge-shaped. Used especially to describe a leaf or petal base that is narrowly triangular.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. wedge-shaped.
- adj. wedge-shaped, with the narrow part at the base.
- adj. having straight, or almost straight sides meeting at the apex or base.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wedge-shaped.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wedge-shaped; truncate at one end and tepering to a point at the other: properly applied only to flat bodies, surfaces, or marks: as, a cuneate leaf.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a leaf shape) narrowly triangular, wider at the apex and tapering toward the base
Latin cuneātus, past participle of cuneāre, to make wedge-shaped, from cuneus, wedge.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)