from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having three forks or branches: trifurcate antennae; trifurcate ribs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Forked, with three tines or points.
- v. To divide or fork into three channels or branches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having three branches or forks; trichotomous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Forking or forked into three parts; three-pronged; trichotomous.
- In botany, three-forked; divided into three branches or forks.
- To divide into three parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. divide into three
Latin trifurcus; tri- + furca fork. (Wiktionary)