from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or characterized by a fork: a forked river.
- adj. Shaped like or similar to a fork: forked lightning; a forked tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That splits into two or more directions, or parts.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of fork.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed into a forklike shape; having a fork; dividing into two or more prongs or branches; furcated; bifurcated; zigzag.
- adj. Having a double meaning; ambiguous; equivocal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a fork or bifurcation; separating into diverging parts like the tines of a fork.
- Ambiguous; equivocal.
- Pointed, or prolonged to a point: as, forked shoes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a fork; divided or separated into two branches
- adj. having two meanings with intent to deceive
Sorry, no etymologies found.