from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. divided into two (equal) halves
- v. To divide into two
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Divided into two equal parts; reduced to half in shape or form.
- adj. Consisting of only one half of what the normal condition requires; having the appearance of lacking one half.
- adj. Having the organs of one side, or half, different in function from the corresponding organs on the other side.
- transitive v. To divide into two equal parts.
- transitive v. To represent the half of; to halve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To divide into two equal parts.
- Divided into two equal parts; halved; hence, half the usual size, or half as large as something else.
- In heraldry, reduced or diminished by half.
Sorry, no etymologies found.