from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An organ or part, especially a tooth, having three cusps.
- adj. Having three cusps, especially a molar tooth.
- adj. Of or relating to the tricuspid valve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having three cusps
- n. A molar tooth that has three cusps
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having three cusps, or points; tricuspidate.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the tricuspid valves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having three cusps or points: specifically noting the valvular arrangement in the right ventricle of the heart, guarding the auriculoventricular orifice, in distinction from the bicuspid (or mitral) valves in the left ventricle.
- n. A tricuspid valve of the heart.
- n. A tricuspid tooth: correlated with bicuspid and multicuspid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having three cusps or points (especially a molar tooth)
From Latin tricuspis, tricuspid-, having three points : tri-, tri- + cuspis, point.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)