from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Composed of or divided into three parts.
- adj. Relating to or executed by three parties: a tripartite agreement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In three parts.
- adj. Done by three parties (as an agreement).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Divided into three parts; triparted.
- adj. Having three corresponding parts or copies.
- adj. Made between three parties.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Divided into three parts; three-parted.
- Having three corresponding parts or copies.
- Made or concluded between three parties: as, a tripartite treaty.
- In heraldry, same as triparted.
- In entomology, divided from the apex to the base by two slits, forming three nearly equal parts.
- In botany, divided into three segments nearly but not quite down to the base: as, a tripartite leaf. Also triparted.
- In mathematics, homogeneous in three sets of variables.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving three parties or elements
From Latin tripartitus. (Wiktionary)