from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having many sides.
- adj. Having many aspects, talents, or interests. See Synonyms at versatile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having many sides; polygonal
- adj. Having many aspects
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having many sides; -- said of figures. Hence, presenting many questions or subjects for consideration.
- adj. Interested in, and having an aptitude for, many unlike pursuits or objects of attention; versatile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having many sides; hence, figuratively, having many aspects, qualities, or capabilities; of diversified range or scope; not narrowly limited.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of variety or interest
- adj. having many parts or sides
- adj. having many aspects
Sorry, no etymologies found.