from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or formed of two sides; two-sided.
- adj. Affecting or undertaken by two sides equally; binding on both parties: a bilateral agreement; bilateral negotiations.
- adj. Relating to the right and left sides of the body or of a body structure.
- adj. Having or marked by bilateral symmetry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having two sides
- adj. involving both sides equally
- adj. binding on both parties to an agreement
- adj. having bilateral symmetry
- adj. involving descent or ascent regardless of sex and side of the family
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two sides; arranged upon two sides; affecting two sides or two parties.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the two sides of a central area or organ, or of a central axis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two sides; of or pertaining to two sides; two-sided.
- In botany, having the sides different.
- In biology, having the sides symmetrical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having two sides or parts
- adj. affecting or undertaken by two parties
- adj. having identical parts on each side of an axis
Sorry, no etymologies found.