from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a focus.
- adj. Placed at or measured from a focus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Belonging to, concerning, or located at a focus
- adj. limited to a small area
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to,or concerning, a focus; as, a focal point.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a focus: as, a focal point.
- In optics, of a mirror or lens, the distance (also called the focal length) from its center to the principal focus (see focus); of a telescope, the distance between the focal plane and the object-glass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a focus
- adj. having or localized centrally at a focus
From New Latin focālis; synchronically analyzable as focus + -al. (Wiktionary)