from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a focus.
- adj. Placed at or measured from a focus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Belonging to, concerning, or located at a focus
- adj. limited to a small area
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to,or concerning, a focus; as, a focal point.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a focus: as, a focal point.
- In optics, of a mirror or lens, the distance (also called the focal length) from its center to the principal focus (see focus); of a telescope, the distance between the focal plane and the object-glass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a focus
- adj. having or localized centrally at a focus
“Dortmunder,” Tiny said, ponderously thoughtful, “is what you call your focal point.”
And this reservoir became what you call your focal point of protest.
This type of HI is caused by a defective SUR1 or KIR6. 2 gene in focal cells of the pancreas only.
A system of shelves is connected to this main focal point which enables the possibility of placing all sort of living room objects above the unusual fireplace.
Looking for a little something to become the main focal point in your living room?
The issues of privacy and government control are main focal points of the book and are every bit as though-provoking as they should be.
The main focal point for most websites and blogs, the header, seems to be of great importance and fascination to many users.
These cases where military personnel are delegated to the CIA are sometimes known as "focal point operations."
It's housed in the brick-like unit called a focal plane module.
When you see a major sports network featuring anÂhours longÂstory that’s main focal point is an over the hill QB (in age, not football ability) mowing his grass and playing catch with high schoolers, you know the network has an obsession.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.