from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having superior weight, force, importance, or influence. See Synonyms at dominant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Preponderating; outweighing; overbalancing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Preponderating; outweighing; overbalancing; -- used literally and figuratively
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Outweighing; preponderating; superior in weight, force, efficiency, or influence; predominant; prevalent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having superior power and influence
Sorry, no etymologies found.