American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
- adj. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.
- adj. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not sexual; not sexed; having no sex, as a species or other group of animals which have no sexual system or organs.
- Neuter; being of neither sex, as some individuals of species in which other individuals are male or female, or as some stages in the growth of individuals which later develop into male or female.
- Effected or produced by other than sexual processes; agamic; agamogenetic: as, asexual reproduction.
- adj. Not experiencing sexual attraction; lacking interest in or desire for sex.
- adj. Not sexual in nature, not marked by sexual activity. (Compare Platonic.)
- adj. biology Having no distinct sex, having no sexual organs.
- adj. biology Without sexual action; reproducing by some other method than sex.
- n. biology A species which reproduces by asexual rather than sexual reproduction, or a member of such a species.
- n. A person who does not experience sexual attraction; a person who lacks interest in or desire for sex.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Biol.) Having no distinct sex; without sexual action. See fission and gemmation.
- adj. not involving sexual activity or sexual attraction.
- adj. not having or involving sex
- From a- (“lacking, without”) + sexual. (Wiktionary)
“The changes in asexual reproduction are more likely to be a “single point mutation” and get copied in every successive generation.”
“The trouble with being asexual is that your genome is passed on as a single, monolithic block, rather than shuffled up as happens during the sexy sex.”
“This guy is just scared to bang it out. just now, -0 / +0We chose the name asexual because we were trying to choose a "correct" name.”
“Someone might identify as asexual, meaning that he or she does not feel sexual desire.”
“One of his friends is quoted in the book recalling a night when Wood seems to have confessed to being chastely asexual, which is not implausible.”
“Her fiance (who does not identify as asexual) sounds like a pretty wise man.”
“But for a small and nearly invisible part of the population, who identify as asexual, sex with another person is a not a need.”
“Or believe that those who identify as asexual feel, or are, somehow incomplete.”
“Few genderqueer people identify as asexual and few asexual people identify as genderqueer.”
“* (Note: I am not suggesting that this counts for the majority of people identifying as asexual, just that this may be a self-management strategy employed by some individuals who find expressing their attractions unacceptable for whatever reason.)”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘asexual’.
As many queer related words as I can come up with ^_^
Orientations and identities!
Looking for tweets for asexual.