from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
- adj. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.
- adj. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not experiencing sexual attraction; lacking interest in or desire for sex.
- adj. Not sexual in nature, not marked by sexual activity. (Compare Platonic.)
- adj. Having no distinct sex, having no sexual organs.
- adj. Without sexual action; reproducing by some other method than sex.
- n. A species which reproduces by asexual rather than sexual reproduction, or a member of such a species.
- n. A person who does not experience sexual attraction; a person who lacks interest in or desire for sex.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no distinct sex; without sexual action. See fission and gemmation.
- adj. not involving sexual activity or sexual attraction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not sexual; not sexed; having no sex, as a species or other group of animals which have no sexual system or organs.
- Neuter; being of neither sex, as some individuals of species in which other individuals are male or female, or as some stages in the growth of individuals which later develop into male or female.
- Effected or produced by other than sexual processes; agamic; agamogenetic: as, asexual reproduction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not having or involving sex
From a- (“lacking, without”) + sexual. (Wiktionary)