from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of agamic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no visible sex organs; asexual or cryptogamous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no visible sexual organs; asexual.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, same as agamic.
- In zoology, having no distinguishable sexual organs. See agamic, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of reproduction) not involving the fusion of male and female gametes in reproduction
a- + -gamous (Wiktionary)