from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. More desirable or worthy than another; preferred: Coffee is preferable to tea, I think.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Better than some other option; preferred.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Worthy to be preferred or chosen before something else; more desirable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Worthy to be preferred; more desirable.
- Preferring; exhibiting preference; arising from choice.
- n. Something which is to be preferred; any object or course of action which is more desirable than others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. more desirable than another
Sorry, no etymologies found.