American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not correct; erroneous or wrong: an incorrect answer.
- adj. Defective; faulty: incorrect programming of the computer.
- adj. Improper; inappropriate: incorrect behavior.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not correct in form or structure; not according to a copy or model, or to established rule; faulty.
- Not correct as to fact; inaccurate; erroneous; untrue: as, an incorrect statement, narration, or calculation.
- Not correct in manner or character; improper; irregular; disorderly: as, incorrect habits.
- Not corrected or regulated; not chastened into proper obedience.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not correct; not according to a copy or model, or to established rules; inaccurate; faulty.
- adj. Not in accordance with the truth; inaccurate; not exact.
- adj. Not accordant with duty or morality; not duly regulated or subordinated; unbecoming; improper.
- adj. not in accord with established usage or procedure
- adj. (of a word or expression) not agreeing with grammatical principles
- adj. not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth
- adj. characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules
- in- + correct (Wiktionary)
“The IFPWB also demanded an apology from SABC group chief executive Zwelakhe Sisulu for what it called his incorrect, emotional, subjective and damaging statement about IFP leader and”
“ZANESVILLE -- Firefighters Local 88 President Trevor Meek met with city officials earlier last week to clear up what he called incorrect or misleading information about the union.”
“That we always end up acquiescing to those who are misinformed, desperate for a false sense of superiority or just plain incorrect is only getting more infuriating (and it started out pretty fucking infuriating).”
“on May 21st, 2009 at 9:03 pm is the title incorrect? is he not black?”
“Editor's note: at the point their article and mine were posted, they were incorrect is stating that he had been asked.”
“But if you still plan to buy gift cards, include a note warning your recipient that the card could contain incorrect information.”
“Again incorrect, every person has thousands of assumptions many that are unexamined and many that are part of the subconscious.”
“Depending on how you define "red", that is just a direct observation. don provan: Science requires that all assumptions be identified. fifth monarchy man: Again incorrect, every person has thousands of assumptions many that are unexamined and many that are part of the subconscious.”
“The main problem with this way of thinking, other than that it's incorrect, is that it frames the relationship in terms that favor the company over you.”
“Certainly a reasonable person might be able to read the sign as suggesting that it was refusing to do business with African Americans even though such a reading would be at least incorrect from a literal perspective.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘incorrect’.
Words and collocations associated with political scandal
Looking for tweets for incorrect.