from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cleanse so as to destroy or prevent the growth of disease-carrying microorganisms: disinfect a wound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To sterilize by the use of cleaning agent such as bleach.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To free from infectious or contagious matter; to destroy putrefaction; to purify; to make innocuous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cleanse from infection; purify from contagious or infectious matter; destroy the germs of disease in.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. destroy microorganisms or pathogens by cleansing
From Middle French desinfecter (Wiktionary)