American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Marked by or full of sin; wicked.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of sin; wicked; iniquitous; unholy.
- Containing or consisting in sin; contrary to the laws of God: as, sinful action; sinful thoughts; sinful words.
- Contrary to propriety, discretion, wisdom, or the like; wrong; blameworthy.
- Synonyms Illegal, Immoral, etc. (see criminal), bad, evil, unrighteous, ungodly, impious.
- adj. Full of sin; wicked; iniquitous; unholy.
- adj. Containing or consisting in sin; contrary to the laws of God.
- adj. Of or relating to sin; sinny.
- adj. Morally wrong.
- adj. Evil.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Tainted with, or full of, sin; wicked; iniquitous; criminal; unholy.
- adj. characterized by iniquity; wicked because it is believed to be a sin
- adj. far more than usual or expected
- adj. having committed unrighteous acts
- From Middle English sinful, synful, senful, sunful, from Old English synnful ("sinful, guilty, wicked, corrupt"), equivalent to sin + -ful. Cognate with Dutch zondevol ("sinful"), German sündevoll ("sinful"), Danish syndefuld ("sinful"), Swedish syndfull ("sinful"), Icelandic syndfullur ("sinful"). (Wiktionary)
“Again, as regeneration does not destroy but merely restrains the natural depravity, or innate, sinful dispositions of the Christian, (for these still remain in him after conversion,) it must consist mainly in a change, of that _increased predisposition to sin arising from action, of that preponderance of _sinful habits_ formed by voluntary indulgence of our natural depravity, after we have reached years of moral agency.”
“CAIRO - A group of Islamist lawyers said they have gone to court to block what they call a sinful U.N. population conference from being held in Cairo next month.”
“Vocation is the first function of the regal office of Christ, by which he calls sinful men to repent and believe the gospel -- a reward being proposed concerning a participation of the kingdom, and a threatening added of eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord.”
“Those whom we term sinful, sensual or criminal are simply”
“What I did that was sinful is not so bad because someone else did something that was just as sinful.”
“Does this one still make you want to touch yourself in sinful ways?”
“According to Wikipedia, Catholic guilt is defined as the feeling of remorse, self-doubt, or personal responsibility that results when a Catholic or Lapsed Catholic engages in sinful acts.”
“God does not “enjoy” sin, and it saddens Him when those He created participate in sinful actions.”
“To me, slavery has always been a sin; equally sinful is the continued degradation of a race.”
“Moral: Young people often take but one step in sinful indulgence [Poor Jane!], but they fall into soul-destroying sins.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sinful’.
Looking for tweets for sinful.