from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exceeding a limit or boundary, especially of social acceptability.
- adj. Of or relating to a genre of fiction, filmmaking, or art characterized by graphic depictions of behavior that violates socially acceptable norms, often involving violence, drug use, and sexual deviancy.
- adj. Of or relating to geological transgression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Involving transgression; that passes beyond some limit; sinful.
- adj. Going beyond generally accepted boundaries; violating usual practice, subversive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disposed or tending to transgress; faulty; culpable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclined or apt to transgress; faulty; sinful; culpable.
From transgress. (Wiktionary)