from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to protrude; protruding.
- adj. Unduly or disagreeably conspicuous; obtrusive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that protrudes; protruding
- adj. rather conspicuous; obtrusive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thrusting or impelling forward.
- adj. Capable of being protruded; protrusile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Thrusting or impelling forward; obtrusive; protruding: as, protrusive motion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. thrusting outward
Sorry, no etymologies found.