from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To soak (meat, for example) in a marinade.
- intransitive v. To become marinated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To allow a sauce or flavoring mixture to absorb into something; to steep or soak something in a marinade to flavor or prepare it for cooking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To salt or pickle, as fish, and then preserve in oil or vinegar; to prepare (food) by the use of marinade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To salt or pickle, as fish, and then preserve in oil or vinegar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. soak in marinade
Probably from Italian marinato, past participle of marinare, to marinate; see marinade.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)