American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An iron for pressing clothes, especially one that is heated externally, as on a hearth or stove.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An iron for smoothing cloth. It is made very hot and then passed quickly and firmly over the dampened surface of the fabric to be smoothed. Also sad-iron, or simply iron.
- n. A simple iron (for pressing laundry) which is heated on a stove
- n. especially referring to the shape of a building a quadrilateral with two parallel sides, one of which is very short, and whose non-parallel sides are longer than either parallel side.
- adj. Having a flatiron shape
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An iron with a flat, smooth surface for ironing clothes.
- n. an iron that was heated by placing it on a stove
“i think youre thinking of a margaritta pizza those are usually more expensive but worth the cost IMO. for personal brick oven in flatiron i go to waldys on 6th between 27th and 28th, i dont know of any other brick ovens in the area but i have to admit i havent really looked”
“I cant get on twitter and their wesbite says their in flatiron.”
“So we had to find our way crosstown to Broadway and East 29th aka the flatiron district!”
“This notorious local restaurant/bar/filthy-but-fun hang-out fills the pointy end of the "flatiron" shaped building.”
“It's a neat old thing, one of those corner or "flatiron" shaped buildings constructed sometime late last century to serve as a bank -- but it spent most of its commercial career as a furniture store.”
“This reflects our plan to unearth the former corner store that used to be housed in the "flatiron" triangular building.”
“Her mind was already buzzing: first a shower, then flatiron her hair, then clothes.”
“Cara tugged the flatiron hard from the cabinet, knocking over several shampoo bottles in the process.”
“Oh, perfect for me, Cara thought as she extracted the flatiron from the back of the sink cabinet.”
““Scissors, a mirror, a flatiron, and the blow-dryer,” Zoe called over her shoulder.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘flatiron’.
A list about iron, irons, and irony.
A Cyclopedia of Landforms.
Looking for tweets for flatiron.