from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coffeepot in which boiling water is forced repeatedly up through a central tube to filter back down through a basket of ground coffee beans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to brew coffee by passing boiling water through coffee grounds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, filters.
- n. A type of coffee pot in which the heated water is driven by its boiling action up above a porous canister of coffee held above the level of the water in the pot, and then filters (percolates) back through the coffee thus extracting its essence.
- n. An apparatus for producing an extract from a drug by percolation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which filters.
- n. A form of filtering coffee-pot.
- n. A nearly cylindrical or slightly conical vessel with a funnel end below, used in pharmacy for preparing extracts by the process of percolation.
- n. A perforated plate or gauze partition through which a liquid, in passing, will become finely divided, or descend in a shower or mist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a coffeepot in which boiling water ascends through a central tube and filters back down through a basket of ground coffee beans
From percolate + -or (Wiktionary)