from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of refine; one who refines.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, refines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who refines liquors, sugar, metals, etc.
- n. An improver in purity and elegance.
- n. An inventor of superfluous subtleties; one who is overnice in discrimination, or in argument, reasoning, philosophy, etc.
- n. One who indulges in excessive compliment; one who is over-civil; a flatterer.
- n. An apparatus for refining; specifically, in England, a gas-purifier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one whose work is to refine a specific thing
Sorry, no etymologies found.