from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that dines: midnight diners enjoying the meal after the theater.
- n. See dining car.
- n. A small, usually inexpensive restaurant with a long counter and booths and housed in a building designed to resemble a dining car.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of dine; one who dines; one who eats a meal, especially dinner.
- n. A small and inexpensive type of restaurant which is modelled to resemble a dining car.
- n. A railroad dining car.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who dines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person eating a meal (especially in a restaurant)
- n. a restaurant that resembles a dining car
- n. a passenger car where food is served in transit
to dine + -er (Wiktionary)