from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vending machine for food.
- n. A cafeteria consisting of vending machines.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a vending machine from which you can get food.
- n. a type of cafeteria where food is served from machines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A photographic lens-shutter which is opened and kept open by means of a pneumatic bulb.
- n. An apparatus consisting of a series of lifts in compartments from which, by means of automatic machinery, separate articles of food at stated prices are delivered to any one who will drop the necessary coin into a slot; also, a restaurant which serves its customers by means of such an apparatus. The aim is to do away with the intermediation of waiters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vending machine from which you can get food
- n. a cafeteria where food is served from machines
From the German Automat, as the system was originally developed in Germany. (Wiktionary)