American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.
- n. The techniques and equipment used to achieve automatic operation or control.
- n. The condition of being automatically controlled or operated.
- n. The act or process of converting the controlling of a machine or device to a more automatic system, such as computer or electronic controls.
- n. the act of implementing the control of equipment with advanced technology; usually involving electronic hardware
- n. the condition of being automatically operated or controlled
- n. equipment used to achieve automatic control or operation
- From automatic (coined by a Ford Motor Company leader in the 40s) (Wiktionary)
- From automatic. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The term automation totally return to the integration of a full range of advance information and engineering discoveries into operation process for strategic purpose.”
“And then he watched automation, what we called automation takeover, remove the necessity of work from our well-being.”
“Today "automation" is being given the same false meaning.”
“And because the automation is internationally standardized it can reduce risk as well, by streamlining cross-support among centers and agencies.”
“Frank Levy and Richard J. Murnane predict that computer automation is leading to a split in the labor market.”
“That said, automation is also quite good at doing many nominally "high IQ" jobs.”
“They would leave a large part of it behind to continue the work in automation that they would begin shortly.”
“It warns: This "operation should feature the absolute minimum in automation throughout every phase of the final poultry operations!”
“If it had built-in automation I would probably switch to it, but for now I'll stick to SyncToy and the Windows Task Scheduler.”
“As small business proprietors, most doctors have had little incentive to invest in automation efforts.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘automation’.
Use these and get promoted
words that describe me or that i am focusing on.
( personal list )
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for automation.